Ongoing enrolments are available for both group and private lessons. You sign up for a specific day and time, for the term. Your credit card will be charged prior to each term, for the upcoming term. Unused lessons are forfeited. A registration fee may be payable to commence or resume Ongoing Enrolments.
- Group students may attend a repeat of the class in the same week, if space is available. In some cases, video demonstrations of songs are available.
- Private lessons can change to Zoom at any time, or the teacher can record a video lesson for you to watch whenever suit.
Why don’t we offer Makeup lessons?
Makeup lessons require that our teachers make themselves available twice, but are only paid once. We don’t believe this is fair. In addition, organising makeup lessons requires administration time to coordinate the teacher, student and a suitable room all being available at the same time. To keep the costs of lesson down as much as possible, we avoid these admin costs by offering a) zoom or b) video lessons which are done in the usual time slot. You can watch video lessons later at a convenient time.
5 weeks notice is required, so that the place can be offered to another student. Refunds will not be offered. However at the discretion of the teacher, you may suggest another student to take the remaining classes. An admin fee may be charged for withdrawal once payment is made.
Casual private lessons
You may book as many casual private lessons as you wish, at any time (subject to availability). The 5 week withdrawal period does not apply to casual lessons; they may be rescheduled or cancelled up to 48hrs prior to the lesson, subject to availability.
To keep everyone safe, students are not permitted to attend in person lessons if they, or any member of their household:
- is unwell: sore throat, runny nose, fever etc
- is diagnosed with Covid 19, or is awaiting Covid test results.
* Note – if a student arrives unwell for their lesson, they will be immediately sent home. No refund will be given.
While we do keep a basic first aid kit onsite (band aids etc), we do not provide a comprehensive first aid service. Students or their parents/carers should bring (and if necessary administer) medications for anaphylactic allergies, for example.
Trial Lessons and Classes
Trials give students an opportunity to see what lessons or classes are like, before committing to continued attendance. Trials are not refundable, even for non attendance.
Going away? Dentist appointment? So that your practice and progress isn’t interrupted:
For private lessons:
- reschedule (up to 48hrs prior) subject to availability
- attend on Zoom instead
- Your teacher can make a video lesson. This usually includes what to work on, demonstrations of how to play it and some practice tips. We’ll save it into your Google Folder. If you’d like a video lesson, let us know.
Absence for group lessons
- Zoom Group classes are recorded and saved into your class Google Drive. Catch up by watching the Zoom video
- Kids group classes can access to the short (around 5min) Keynotes Parent Practice videos. They are designed to assist parents (even those without music experience) to support their child learning the songs. Set up your login here and access videos here. Videos for Adult classes are in the pipeline.
- You may be able to attend a different class doing the same workbook. We’ll let you know when you contact us.
Photographs and Videos. We may occasionally take photographs/videos of lessons and use these in marketing materials, social media, or for training purposes. Please contact us in writing if you would prefer you/your child not to be in photographs/videos used for these purposes.
Videos are recorded of online lessons, and these are made available to participants, who may use them for practice purposes. By booking into an online group class you agree a) that the student will be videoed as part of the class and b) you will not to distribute the video in any way unless you have permission in writing.
Communication with students and their parents is important to us. These are the ways we communicate with you in order to maximise your experience with us:
- Google Folder: This will contain
- Video recordings of online classes (usually within 24hrs of the class)
- Where relevant, electronic copy of the workbook, in case your paper copy doesn’t arrive in time, or gets lost
- Video lessons to replace missed classes
- Other notes from time to time
- We send automated lesson reminder sms and emails to the contact details provided when you booked. Please let us know if you need to update these details.
- Please do contact us with any issues/concerns you may have.
If you cannot attend a class for any reason, it will not be refunded and makeup classes are not offered.
When you book Group classes or private lessons, you are signing up for specific dates and times. Classes continue on Public Holidays unless otherwise stated.
In Person lessons prohibited. If in person lessons are prohibited, for example by the DHHS, then they will be replaced by online lessons, at no extra charge. No refunds are offered in this situation. In the case of group lessons, you may watch the video of the group online lesson instead of attending it live, if you wish.
Teacher unavailability. If a teacher cannot make a lesson we shall do our best to provide a substitute. In the unlikely event that this is not possible, we will notify you by email and/or text (providing you have supplied current email and mobile phone details) and either:
- Reschedule the lesson or
- Cancel the lesson. Refunds will be given either as a discount on future classes/lessons or directly to the credit card used to pay for the class.
We know how busy life gets, so we send email and SMS reminders of classes.
Lesson Expectations. If a child is finding it difficult to settle into the group lessons routine and becomes disruptive, we will take steps to ensure that this does not affect lessons, in the first instance talking to parents, but ultimately asking the child to leave without a refund.
For online classes, younger students will find it helpful if a parent or other adult is nearby during lessons, to help set up the laptop or iPad, with finding the page in the workbook, for example. This can be enjoyable for the parent, as they often learn too. As students progress and become more experienced, this may no longer be necessary.