Photographs and Videos. We may occasionally take photographs/videos of lessons and use these in marketing materials, social media, or for training purposes. Please contact us in writing if you would prefer you/your child not to be in photographs/videos used for these purposes.
Videos are recorded of online lessons, and these are made available to participants, who may use them for practice purposes. By booking into an online group class you agree a) that the student will be videoed as part of the class and b) you will not to distribute the video in any way unless you have permission in writing.
Absence. Going away? Dentist appointment? So that your practice and progress isn’t interrupted:
- For private lessons – your teacher will provide a video lesson. This usually includes what to work on, demonstrations of how to play it and some practice tips. We’ll save it into your Google Folder. If you will be away for a number of lessons in a row, please save videos of you playing your current song(s) to your Google folder. The teacher will use your lesson time to send feedback.
- For group online lessons – you can catch up by watching the Zoom video
- For Group Piano in person lessons – watch the Keynotes Parent practice videos (1-2min explanations for each class) here or once your login is set up here.
If you cannot attend a class for any reason, it will not be refunded.
In Person lessons prohibited. If in person lessons are prohibited, for example by the DHHS, then they will be replaced by online lessons, at no extra charge. No refunds are offered in this situation. In the case of group lessons, you may watch the video of the group online lesson instead of attending it live, if you wish.
Teacher unavailability. If a teacher cannot make a lesson we shall do our best to provide a substitute. In the unlikely event that this is not possible, we will notify you by email and/or text (providing you have supplied current email and mobile phone details) and either:
- Reschedule the lesson or
- Cancel the lesson. Refunds will be given either as a discount on future classes/lessons or directly to the credit card used to pay for the class.
Communication with parents is important to us. These are the ways we communicate with you in order to maximise your child’s experience with us:
- Google Folder: This will contain
- Video recordings of online classes (usually within 24hrs of the class)
- Where relevant, electronic copy of the workbook, in case your paper copy doesn’t arrive in time, or gets lost
- Video lessons to replace missed classes
- Other notes from time to time
- You will also receive automated emails and occasionally text messages.
- For in-person classes group , we provide access to the Keynotes Parent videos, which are 1-2min explanations for each class. These help parents understand the song in order to assist their child, if required.
- Please do contact us with any issues/concerns you may have.
Lesson Expectations. If a child is finding it difficult to settle into the group lessons routine and becomes disruptive, we will take steps to ensure that this does not affect lessons, in the first instance talking to parents, but ultimately asking the child to leave without a refund.
For online classes, younger students will find it helpful if a parent or other adult is nearby during lessons, to help set up the laptop or Ipad, with finding the page in the workbook, for example. This can be enjoyable for the parent, as they often learn too. As students progress and become more experienced, this may no longer be necessary.
Withdrawal. 5 weeks notice is required, so that the place can be offered to another student. Refunds will not be offered. However at the discretion of the teacher, you may suggest another student to take the remaining classes.